Welcome to Remember When Photography!

Family sessions
Thursday, December 8, 2011, 6:32 PM

Family is like a picture, treasure it and hold onto it forever...
I think this is more and more real for me especially since my dad has died. I hold onto every
memory I can seem to remember of him. Although it has only been almost a year since his passing with each day going by so fast I feel like I have lost the detail of some of those memories.

One thing I am so thankful for is the images I did capture of my dad. I look back at those pictures and begin to remember him like it was yesterday. I love that feeling. Just like he's frozen in time.

I was once asked what my favorite session to capture is and I would have to say hands down... family. I love that for one hour I am surrounded by peer love. I get a peek into your lives and see what's really in your heart.

Sometimes I have those sessions where the parents are really nervous...thinking "what if my kids don't behave", "what if I look like a fool in front of the camera", "what if she thinks we are weird"...I try to get that all out of the way in the beginning. With about the first 5 minutes of my photography if anyone should be worried that they look like a fool it's me. I'm usually making crazy noises, jumping around, playing crazy games...I let my guards down. Also, I know kids...they might not behave and who cares lets have fun anyway! Really I think that helps me gain the trust of families and let them know I am "real".

I like to get a few of the family sitting and smiling...those are nice for cards, prints for relatives and a wall print but then I wanna play. I want people to share w/ me their love. I want their children to look back in 10, 15, 20 years and feel that love they felt on that day.

Sometimes I feel people get so caught up with their location that they forget what we are photographing. A nice location is great but really give me you and your family in a grassy field playing and showing love. That is what I am most concerned about is capturing your family as you are now.

I went to a conference this year when a photographer commented to remember that most families just had an argument on the way to pictures...the man didn't want to get his pictures taken and wear that outfit, the kids are ticked b/c they don't wanna do this and the wife is ticked b/c no one cares....so true I get it. I just hope when someone gets out of the car for my shoot all those "ticked off" feelings soon subside and they leave with smiles thinking "wow that was fun!"

Enough of all the writing....want your love captured? Hope you "feel" their love!





This blogsite was built by MuskegonDesign.com, (c) 2009.