Welcome to Remember When Photography!

Dora-4 weeks
Monday, February 28, 2011, 8:19 AM

Well tomorrow it will be 4 weeks since my dad passed away....still seems untrue. The one thing that keeps us going each day is seeing the cat Dora that my dad begged Joe to let Elsey have.

Since this summer when this barn cat was born my dad loved her. She would lick his hands and face & just loved my dad too. My dad started asking this summer if we would Elsey have the cat he named Dora (after Dora the Explorer)....I gave in after about the 3rd time my dad asked but Joe was a solid NO! He kept saying we don't want a cat & everything that goes along w/ taking care of a cat.

My dad was persistent every time we saw him he'd ask if Elsey could have Dora. Joe still said NO. I actually remember saying about two weeks before my dad died to Joe "what if this is Dad's dying wish?"....not knowing by any means that a few weeks after that comment my dad would die.

The morning I woke Elsey up to tell her that her "poppie" had died I also told her that before he died I told him that we would take care of "memaw", the farm, the cows & barn cats....Elsey immediately asked if she could go get Dora and bring her home. She ran up to Joe and asked him...he said YES!

So we now have Dora! We love her. She is full of energy and just loves Elsey. She is a garage cat but tries to sneak in the house everyday. I can't help but think this cat was brought to us to help us heal w/ my dad's death. I let her in for a few pictures:)





This blogsite was built by MuskegonDesign.com, (c) 2009.