Welcome to Remember When Photography!

Elsey's 2
Friday, July 31, 2009, 7:06 PM

Tomorrow August 1st...(10:27pm to be exact) my daughter will turn two!
Oh I remember it so well as I was wheeled back to the operating room to get my c-section. I was totally nervous but kept telling myself it was almost over. The moment I heard her cry was one I will never forget. As this life that had been living in me for months was real. They took her to get cleaned off and I looked at my husband and said "is she cute?" he shrugged his shoulders and said he couldn't see through his own camera flashes but he imaged so:) Then once out of the operating room they put her on my chest and wheeled me back to my room and I honestly thought, "oh gosh what do I do now!" She was ours...all ours. There was no one there to tell us we were doing it right or wrong. It was terrifying and amazing all at the same time.

I remember when my friend Rachel came to visit and I was raving at how great Elsey was she said..."wait until the hospital gas wears off!" I thought oh no she must not know what she is talking about....until we got home:) Elsey was so fussy it was not funny. We couldn't sit right, walk right, hold her right. The "happy hospital gas" had wore off.

Now to look back I just smile...Elsey is so good. She can carry on a conversation, she can count to 12, she can say her ABC's, she loves to sing, she loves "tookies" (cookies), she can do an awesome fake cry, she throws up when mad, she's potty trained, she is one of the most funny and polite kids I know. So to think a short two years ago Joe and I were looking into each others tear- filled eyes thinking "what did we get ourselves into" is just a funny memory.

Here's a few of my daughter...Elsey Anne-Marie:
Fresh...the day we came home from the hospital...
Now...

Elsey we LOVE you! Can't imagine our lives without you. Thank you for being so tuff on us in the beginning and rewarding us with so many laughs and happy tears now! Please always remember that we are here for you! "So much"...love mommy xoxo





This blogsite was built by MuskegonDesign.com, (c) 2009.